Red Storm Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a talented Technical Animator to join our teams! We are looking for a Technical Animator with a blend of strong technical skills in rigging/programming, as well as a good artistic sense. At RSE TAs are challenged to not only create incredible rigs but to ensure optimal performance and look in game engines.
- Work directly with Character, Weapon and Animation teams to define and create the best rigs, control interfaces, tools and workflows for a wide range of styles and art directions.
- Collaborate with our development partner studios across the world in the development of asset pipelines.
- Create the tools and establish the pipeline for rigging characters and getting key frame animations or motion capture data to create high quality simple to complex biped and quadruped animation sets.
- Be proactive – Work effectively with Animators and Character artists so that they are aware of concerns and issues dealing with animation production.
- Be self-driven – Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Be diligent – Insure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over animations tools and pipeline throughout the projects development including fixing bugs, assigned by project leads.
- Provide support to games in production – Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the product.
- Provide team/company support – Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, game-play, and process.
- Document pipeline and tools development processes
Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
Red Storm Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a talented UI engineer to join our teams! The right candidate will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. He or she will be passionate about user interfaces and player satisfaction. You will work closely with the artists, designers and other engineers to bring the UI to life, pushing to achieve the highest quality possible within the specifications.
- Develop, test and debug UI code on consoles, PC and mobile platforms
- Quickly prototype and iterate UI features to communicate functionality and design intentions
- Help to identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
- Develop with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
- Be self-directed and be able to prioritize your workload efficiently
- Diligently create quality work in a fast paced, team-based, highly iterative environment
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental team members to solve UI challenges
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a player-centric Game Systems Engineer to work on our next AAA title. You will work closely with designers, artist and other programmers to make the game vision a reality. If you are passionate about games and game development, have the ability to iterate and refine your work rapidly, and actively participate in bringing various game features to life this may be the job for you!
- Develop and implement gameplay systems in a multiplayer environment.
- Implement game features and integrate engine features as needed to support desired gameplay
- Provide hooks between low-level technology and game-level systems
- Design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential impact of code changes
- Suggest solutions to maximize features and fulfil design desires
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers.
- Test, debug and document code
- Mentor junior engineers
Ubisoft Charity Jam is next week starting Sept. 21st! Our charity is Extra Life locally benefiting Duke Children’s Hospital & Health Center! Be sure to check out our live stream on Thursday at 4pm EST!
Go to charityjam.ubisoft.com for the full live stream schedule and how to donate.
In this new “Beyond the Studio” we take a look at some of the tattoos that can be found around the studio and follow Game Designer Rob Newns get his new tattoo from Dogstar Tattoo
We are so excited to announce today that we are developing Flutesmith 2016! Here’s a sneak peek into the that development of note tracking and performance capture.
Ever wonder what it takes to get a Mohawk? Check out how our Lead Level Designer Terry Spier gets ready for a trip to The White House.
Why Red Storm? Cutting-edge games. Inspiring people. Amazing benefits. Apply today!
Red Storm Entertainment offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees:
• Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
• Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan with match
• 3 Weeks of Vacation and 3 Weeks of Sick Leave
• 9 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
• Flexible work schedule
About the Area
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently regarded as one of the best places to live, work, & play. If there is a Best Of list, our area is likely in the top 10. We have highly rated public school systems and three major universities. There are beaches to the East, mountains to the West and endless green spaces in between. We even have a trail behind our studio!