Red Storm Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a talented UI engineer to join our teams! The right candidate will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. He or she will be passionate about user interfaces and player satisfaction. You will work closely with the artists, designers and other engineers to bring the UI to life, pushing to achieve the highest quality possible within the specifications.
- Develop, test and debug UI code on consoles, PC and mobile platforms
- Quickly prototype and iterate UI features to communicate functionality and design intentions
- Help to identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
- Develop with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
- Be self-directed and be able to prioritize your workload efficiently
- Diligently create quality work in a fast paced, team-based, highly iterative environment
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental team members to solve UI challenges
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a player-centric Game Systems Engineer to work on our next AAA title. You will work closely with designers, artist and other programmers to make the game vision a reality. If you are passionate about games and game development, have the ability to iterate and refine your work rapidly, and actively participate in bringing various game features to life this may be the job for you!
- Develop and implement gameplay systems in a multiplayer environment.
- Implement game features and integrate engine features as needed to support desired gameplay
- Provide hooks between low-level technology and game-level systems
- Design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential impact of code changes
- Suggest solutions to maximize features and fulfil design desires
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers.
- Test, debug and document code
- Mentor junior engineers
In this new “Beyond the Studio” we take a look at some of the tattoos that can be found around the studio and follow Game Designer Rob Newns get his new tattoo from Dogstar Tattoo
Ever wonder what it takes to get a Mohawk? Check out how our Lead Level Designer Terry Spier gets ready for a trip to The White House.
Why Red Storm? Cutting-edge games. Inspiring people. Amazing benefits. Apply today!
Red Storm Entertainment offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees:
• Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
• Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan with match
• 3 Weeks of Vacation and 3 Weeks of Sick Leave
• 9 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
• Flexible work schedule
About the Area
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently regarded as one of the best places to live, work, & play. If there is a Best Of list, our area is likely in the top 10. We have highly rated public school systems and three major universities. There are beaches to the East, mountains to the West and endless green spaces in between. We even have a trail behind our studio!
Sit down with Terry Spier (Lead Level Designer), Kenneth Price (Associate Producer), and Rob Newns (Game Designer) to learn more about what went into the design of Far Cry 4’s PvP.