Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a talented Technical Animator to join our production teams. Use your tools and pipeline knowledge to help the animation team define, create, maintain, and streamline the animation pipeline and processes for in game animations. Your responsibilities include creating tools, writing scripts as well as building rigs for humans and creatures. Our ideal candidate possesses experience working with 3D animation tools, the creation of character based rigs, as well as a deep understanding of animation pipelines for AAA PC and console games.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs in Maya (or equivalent 3D program)
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent role
- High level experience providing animation and rigging tools with MEL with additional experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language) preferred
- Experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and / or character pipelines
- Able to own the skinning process for a variety of creatures, characters, garments, and gear
- Experience implementing/modifying game animation systems and state machines
- Experience with cloth, hair, facial animation or other specialized areas of technical art is highly desirable.
- Key Frame Animation Experience required, and Motion Capture Animation Experience preferred
- Knowledge of Motion Builder
- Ability to understand and take direction.
- Strong artistic, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many avenues of artistic criticism
- Deep passion for games as a craft
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- Candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred, CDs is also an acceptable format. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a talented UI artist to join our production teams. The right candidate will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. He or she will work closely with the Art Director to bring the UI to life, pushing to achieve the highest quality possible within the specifications.
- Create static and animated user interfaces for video games on game consoles, PC and mobile platforms
- Quickly conceptualize, prototype and communicate functionality and design intentions
- Create compelling visual treatments that are easy to understand, simple to navigate, and convey information for an ideal end-user experience
- Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels, keeping in mind the overall art treatment and screen-to-screen UI placement, and maintaining consistency throughout the entire project interface
- Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes to solidify design and plan
- Build logical UI flows, produce the final interface artwork integrated on target platform
- Adapt to varying art styles and direction; able to take critique constructively
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
- Develop designs with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
- Be self-directed and be able to prioritize your workload efficiently
- Diligently create quality work in a fast paced, team-based, highly iterative environment
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental (design, engineering,test) team members to solve UI challenges
We are so excited to announce today that we are developing Flutesmith 2016! Here’s a sneak peek into the that development of note tracking and performance capture.
Red Storm is seeking a talented and highly motivated User Interface /User Experience Artist/Designer to help create our next AAA success. Are you well versed in layout, flow and asset creation for multiplayer UI designs? Do you have a passion for creating excellent experiences for co-op and head to head shooters? If you have what it takes, you could be the next to join our dynamic seasoned team of multiplayer gurus creating AAA multiplayer games!
Ever wonder what it takes to get a Mohawk? Check out how our Lead Level Designer Terry Spier gets ready for a trip to The White House.
We are now accepting applications for the Ubisoft Graduate Program. As you can see , Dillon and Ryan from our 2014 class, are having a blast! This is a unique 2-year program where you will get the experience of working at Red Storm for one year and an international Ubisoft studio for the 2nd year. We are looking for Engineering and Computer Science graduates for the Online Programmer role. You will play a critical role in ensuring that millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless and rich game experience they can enjoy with their friends regardless of where – and how – they connect. APPLY TODAY.
If you want to know more about what it’s like to work at Ubisoft…
Why Red Storm? Cutting-edge games. Inspiring people. Amazing benefits. Apply today!
Red Storm Entertainment offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees:
• Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
• Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan with match
• 3 Weeks of Vacation and 3 Weeks of Sick Leave
• 9 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
• Flexible work schedule
About the Area
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently regarded as one of the best places to live, work, & play. If there is a Best Of list, our area is likely in the top 10. We have highly rated public school systems and three major universities. There are beaches to the East, mountains to the West and endless green spaces in between. We even have a trail behind our studio!
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled and seasoned Technical Artist to join The Division team. The ideal candidate has a diverse art and tech background, with a passion for assisting the team in realizing the engine’s potential.
Sit down with Terry Spier (Lead Level Designer), Kenneth Price (Associate Producer), and Rob Newns (Game Designer) to learn more about what went into the design of Far Cry 4′s PvP.