Ubisoft Charity Jam is next week starting Sept. 21st! Our charity is Extra Life locally benefiting Duke Children’s Hospital & Health Center! Be sure to check out our live stream on Thursday at 4pm EST!
Go to charityjam.ubisoft.com for the full live stream schedule and how to donate.
In this new “Beyond the Studio” we take a look at some of the tattoos that can be found around the studio and follow Game Designer Rob Newns get his new tattoo from Dogstar Tattoo
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a talented Technical Animator to join our production teams. Use your tools and pipeline knowledge to help the animation team define, create, maintain, and streamline the animation pipeline and processes for in game animations. Your responsibilities include creating tools, writing scripts as well as building rigs for humans and creatures. Our ideal candidate possesses experience working with 3D animation tools, the creation of character based rigs, as well as a deep understanding of animation pipelines for AAA PC and console games.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs in Maya (or equivalent 3D program)
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent role
- High level experience providing animation and rigging tools with MEL with additional experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language) preferred
- Experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and / or character pipelines
- Able to own the skinning process for a variety of creatures, characters, garments, and gear
- Experience implementing/modifying game animation systems and state machines
- Experience with cloth, hair, facial animation or other specialized areas of technical art is highly desirable.
- Key Frame Animation Experience required, and Motion Capture Animation Experience preferred
- Knowledge of Motion Builder
- Ability to understand and take direction.
- Strong artistic, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many avenues of artistic criticism
- Deep passion for games as a craft
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- Candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred, CDs is also an acceptable format. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
We are so excited to announce today that we are developing Flutesmith 2016! Here’s a sneak peek into the that development of note tracking and performance capture.
Ever wonder what it takes to get a Mohawk? Check out how our Lead Level Designer Terry Spier gets ready for a trip to The White House.
Why Red Storm? Cutting-edge games. Inspiring people. Amazing benefits. Apply today!
Red Storm Entertainment offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees:
• Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
• Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan with match
• 3 Weeks of Vacation and 3 Weeks of Sick Leave
• 9 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
• Flexible work schedule
About the Area
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently regarded as one of the best places to live, work, & play. If there is a Best Of list, our area is likely in the top 10. We have highly rated public school systems and three major universities. There are beaches to the East, mountains to the West and endless green spaces in between. We even have a trail behind our studio!
Sit down with Terry Spier (Lead Level Designer), Kenneth Price (Associate Producer), and Rob Newns (Game Designer) to learn more about what went into the design of Far Cry 4’s PvP.
As we approach the Thanksgiving season, we want to reflect on the last year and what the Far Cry 4 launch meant to the studio.
We are thankful to be a part of such an amazing game and franchise.
We are thankful for all the hard work from the teams that made this game happen, especially our all-star PvP team at Red Storm.
Most of all, we are thankful to all the fans that have supported us and are playing our game.
Here are some pictures from our launch celebrations over the last week. It’s been a great ride.
Our very own Matt Corso, Lead Character Designer, gives us the inside scoop on how characters are created for The Division. Check out the latest edition of The Intelligence Annex.