Red Storm Entertainment is looking to hire a full-time Technical Sound Designer to join our award winning sound team!
At Red Storm, you will work closely with the audio team to create, implement, maintain and debug complex audio playback systems within the game. The ideal candidate is extremely experienced working with audio middleware (Wwise, etc.) as well as node based scripting tools and thrives on bridging the gap between creative and technical implementation challenges.
If you are up to the challenge come join the creators of Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division as we embark on our next exciting game!
- Design and implement high quality audio assets within the audio engine, game engine and pipeline
- Script complex audio playback sequences within our proprietary node-based scripting tool incorporating sound design, music and voice
- Manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups and optimizations
- Work along-side audio programmers and sound designers to develop the framework of audio playback systems based on creative vision and game-play needs
- Define and apply best practices of technical audio workflows and systems
- Collaborate with various disciplines (art, design, and engineering) to ensure audio systems are incorporated into all aspects of game-play and fully realized
- Help define the audio vision of the game by working with your lead and sound team
- Troubleshoot and debug audio tools, systems and functionality
- 2 years of professional sound design experience in the video game industry
- One published AAA title credited
- Extensive knowledge of integrating audio into modern game engines
- Highly proficient with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- Substantial knowledge of node based scripting tools and workflow (Familiarity with C#, C++, a plus)
- Knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems for AAA titles
- Experience with audio recording, processing and mixing techniques
- Proficient with modern day audio software tools (Pro-Tools, Reaper, Plugins)
- Understanding the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation of current console platforms & PC to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
Please include a portfolio with your application that showcases in-game examples of your sound design and implementation.
What a typical day as Technical Sound Designer might look like:
– Creating and implementing a new sound asset for a mission which needs to be scripted in the level to trigger at a specific moment
– Reviewing a newly added content structure in Wwise to ensure it’s utilizing the correct sound banks for loading purposes and memory constraints
– Meeting with your lead and other sound designers to discuss a potential new feature that requires technical implementation via scripting
– Playtesting the latest build and writing up notes to discuss during an audio review meeting about next steps and improvements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.