Are you a passionate “world building” technical artist driven to create compelling game play experiences? Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a team player to help create highly detailed and stunning open worlds. Your role if you should accept it, will be to enhance our world building through the creation of large scale terrains and detailed skies as well as assist the art team with technical problem solving and pipeline support.
- Create and maintain large open world terrains and high quality clouds / skies.
- Work with design and art leadership to help realize their gameplay and aesthetic goals.
- Create technically challenging art including shaders, cloth simulation, and particle systems.
- Extend workflows that improve the art team’s efficiency.
- Support the content team in debugging issues with the game and editor.
- Optimize levels for performance and memory.
- 2+ years game development experience.
- Houdini or similar procedural workflow experience.
- Experience with modeling, texturing, and shading for games.
- Demonstrated skills in programming/scripting. Python and DCC scripting languages preferred.
- Strong understanding of real time rendering.
- Knowledge and experience in node based game engines preferred
- Ability to quickly learn a content pipeline and toolset.
- Must be an effective communicator, both verbally and written.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.