Create high quality inspirational concept art that spans a variety of genres and will be used to help form the art direction of projects and generate in game assets. Work with the project’s Art Director and artists to enable the team to achieve the project’s visual style.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director, Art Leads, and other Concept Artists to produce quality designs that define and expand the look of the game.
- Create concept art for production teams to help them realize their game content.
- Create thumbnails, sketches, provide iteration, and fully rendered imagery within deadlines.
- Work within the art direction to develop, define, and apply consistent visual style to your work.
- Generate key concepts for marketing and studio level needs.
- Experience with Photoshop, Painter, or the equivalent for digital concept creation.
- Ability to quickly iterate on concepts with input from the Art Director.
- Ability to receive and give good constructive criticism.
- A strong understanding of mood, lighting, form, shape, and silhouette in regards to composition.
- An exceptional eye for light, value, color, staging and detail in environmental design.
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to a finished piece, and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game content.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts; including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration.
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player.
- Mindset to share knowledge and build-up your peers – raising the bar for everyone around you.
- Experience in AAA game development with credit on at least one AAA title as concept artist, or equivalent experience.
- Degree in digital or fine arts, and/or portfolio at industry standard level of art.
- Strong understanding of character proportion and costume design highly desirable.
- 3D software knowledge is a plus.
- Technically advanced and can learn to navigate and use the game engine.
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many avenues of artistic criticism.
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, creature/character and graphic design.
- Proficiency in life drawing (drawing from life and reference) as well as a strong imagination and a willingness to push the envelope, to innovate within the parameters of the game’s world.
- Keen eye on detail and realism.
- The ability to adapt to different styles.
- A passion for games.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.