Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a versatile Character TD to join our biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have a blend of strong technical skills in rigging/programming, as well as a good artistic sense this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the Character TDs are challenged to not only create incredible rigs but to ensure optimal performance and look in game engines.
- Create high quality rigs, systems, control interfaces, tools and workflows
- Write and maintain scripts using Python to support animation of characters, weapons and other art areas as needed
- Produce the tools and establish the pipeline for rigging characters and getting key frame animations or motion capture data to create high quality simple to complex biped and quadruped animation sets.
- Work effectively with Animators, Character and Weapons artists as well as other TDs so that they are aware of concerns and issues dealing with animation production.
- Collaborate with our development partner studios across the world in the development of asset pipelines and tools
- Proactively produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Insure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over animations tools and pipeline throughout the projects development including fixing bugs, assigned by project leads.
- Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the product.
- Document pipeline and tools development processes Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Provide team/company support – Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, game-play, and process.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs
- Experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and / or character pipelines
- Able to own the skinning process for a variety of creatures, characters, garments, and gear
- Extensive knowledge of Python and DCC tools APIs
- Good understanding of real time animation systems and game console constraints.
- Experience using motion capture systems
- Knowledge of Motion Builder
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- Candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a Sr. Gameplay Engineer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong gameplay programming abilities, and an extensive knowledge of online multiplayer gaming systems this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
Senior technical designers are competent in both system and level design, but are known for being detail-oriented developers with advanced technical skills when compared to other designers. As part of a multidisciplinary production team, they help shape the architecture for new game systems; as well as, create and implement the more complex technical design elements into the game. Equally, they advocate and shape production efficiency and product quality, primarily for system development and world creation. It is expected that their work will be of the highest quality.
Senior technical designers act as a point of contact between designers and other disciplines. They regularly identify ways to improve communication amongst disciplines as they are uniquely positioned between content creators, engineering, and other departments. They are trusted to take direction from the conception phase, collaboratively refine designs into a clearly defined and deliverable idea, and drive development through to a shipped product.
- Drive the development of feature prototypes by working in close collaboration with production, technical directors, engineers, and other disciplines
- Provide insightful feedback in design discussions with an emphasis on the realities of the engine and system constraints and how they will impact development
- Provide accurate risk assessments to production, engineering, and design when new features are proposed
- Maintain a clear understanding of design direction so that systems can be implemented to spec and design intentions can be communicated clearly to other disciplines
- Develop and enforce best practices including naming, script conventions, spatial metrics, budgets, production pipelines, and tools
- Document, conduct training sessions, and enforce best practices for implementation of maps in the engine throughout production
- Provide constructive, critical feedback for designers creating level layouts and placing gameplay elements so they can properly scope their work and achieve the highest quality within the time constraints
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of the engine, its capabilities, and auxiliary development tools
- As an advanced user, help test new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team and throughout production
- Work with Technical Directors, engine team, and production to improve tools, methods, task management, etc.
- Effectively utilize production and QC to manage workload
- Document and enforce technical standards for content creators
- Stay current with innovations in game development technology and production methodologies to innovation to the project
- Provide constant technical support on the tools and engine for every member of the team
- Debug and implement reliable solutions to difficult issues until production has ended
- Help more junior members of the team enhance their skills both interpersonal and technical
- Critique and provide feedback to more junior members of the team
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a Environment Concept Artist to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong concept art abilities, that specializes in environmental pieces this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
- Experience with Photoshop, Painter, or the equivalent for digital concept creation.
- Ability to quickly iterate on concepts with input from the Art Director.
- Ability to receive and give good constructive criticism.
- A strong understanding of mood, lighting, form, shape, and silhouette in regards to composition.
- An exceptional eye for light, value, color, staging and detail in environmental design.
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to a finished piece, and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game content.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts; including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration.
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player.
- Mindset to share knowledge and build-up your peers – raising the bar for everyone around you.
Ubisoft Charity Jam is next week starting Sept. 21st! Our charity is Extra Life locally benefiting Duke Children’s Hospital & Health Center! Be sure to check out our live stream on Thursday at 4pm EST!
Go to charityjam.ubisoft.com for the full live stream schedule and how to donate.
In this new “Beyond the Studio” we take a look at some of the tattoos that can be found around the studio and follow Game Designer Rob Newns get his new tattoo from Dogstar Tattoo
We are so excited to announce today that we are developing Flutesmith 2016! Here’s a sneak peek into the that development of note tracking and performance capture.
Ever wonder what it takes to get a Mohawk? Check out how our Lead Level Designer Terry Spier gets ready for a trip to The White House.