Do you have what it takes to join Ubisoft’s award-winning multiplayer powerhouse Red Storm Entertainment? Red Storm has an exciting opportunity for a talented and highly motivated Online Engineer to join our Division 2 team. If you are a proven online engineer, with a passion for multiplayer games, and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment this may be the position for you!
Primary responsibility will be programming a variety of game related features for AAA multiplayer online games encompassing elements such as: matchmaking/leaderboards, online persistence, community features and social media integration, data and statistics, anti-cheat, infrastructure design/implementation, live operations management, and optimizations.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years Online /Multiplayer Programmer experience on a high profile title or titles for consoles and/or PC.
- Must have shipped at least 1 multiplayer console title, AAA a plus.
- Strong C/C++ software engineering skills. Python, SQL, Java or C# a plus
- Implementation experience and strong knowledge of modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns, service development and object-oriented design.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: Xbox/Windows Live, Sony Playstation Network, Nintendo WiFi Connection, or Steam.
- Experience implementing networked gameplay and dealing with bandwidth and latency issues
- Experience with the implementation and requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models
- A strong understanding of online games, including low-level networking, back-end, and internet connection issues and solutions
- Cloud development or large scale data store experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for multiplayer and online gaming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.