Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a creative and systems-minded mission designer to join a world-class team creating AAA VR for a world-renowned brand. This position will challenge you to design and implement best-in-class gameplay in the emerging VR space, alongside a multi-disciplinary team. Job responsibilities include designing gameplay encounters, using a proprietary scripting solution to implement mission goals and gameplay, and assisting in feature iteration and implementation as necessary. If you’re a designer who excels at giving players interesting, robust challenges with a variety of solutions, and you’re happy when people complete your objectives in ways you never imagined (without breaking the game!), we want to talk to you!
- Design and Document – Work with directors and product owners to develop missions and encounters that seamlessly integrate and achieve gameplay and narrative goals.
- Assist in driving feature development – Constantly review the progress of the game and adjust mission implementation to match the overall vision; maintain thorough understanding of feature set to ensure robust design and maximize gameplay opportunities.
- Assist design group –Provide feedback to other designers on ideas, features, gameplay, and design documents and contribute actively to brainstorming sessions.
- Communicate Game Vision – Be prepared to provide a concise and complete presentation on the core vision of the game or assigned areas of the game to any audience.
- Regular Playtesting – Remain knowledgeable of the entire game throughout production to ensure productive playtesting sessions and to provide actionable feedback.
- Competitive Analysis – Periodically play and complete analysis of relevant competitor’s games and features.
- Be self-driven – Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
- 2 years of industry experience
- Credit on one or more AAA titles in a scripting role
- Experience with a scripting language such as C# or Lua
- Experience with visual scripting tools (e.g., Unreal Blueprints)
- Extensive knowledge of games in many genres across varied platforms
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- VR development experience a major plus
- Level design experience a plus
- Experience tuning data values in editor tools
- Familiarity with wide range of Ubisoft products a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.