Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a mission designer to join a world-class team creating AAA video games. This position will challenge you to design and implement best-in-class gameplay, using a wide range of game systems and content to create a variety of scenarios. We work in cross-functional teams, so you will be working closely with people from other disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive your work.
Job responsibilities include designing gameplay encounters, using a proprietary scripting solution to implement mission goals and gameplay, and assisting in feature iteration and implementation as necessary. If you’re a designer who excels at giving players interesting, robust challenges with a variety of solutions, we want to work with you!
- Design and Document – Work with directors and product owners to develop missions and encounters that seamlessly integrate and achieve gameplay and narrative goals.
- Assist in driving feature development – Constantly review the progress of the game and adjust mission implementation to match the overall vision; maintain thorough understanding of feature set to ensure robust design and maximize gameplay opportunities.
- Assist design group – Provide feedback to other designers on ideas, features, gameplay, and design documents and contribute actively to brainstorming sessions.
- Regular Playtesting – Ensure productive playtesting sessions and provide actionable feedback.
- Be self-driven – Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule
- 3 years of industry experience
- Credit on one or more AAA titles in a scripting role
- Experience with a scripting language such as C# or Lua
- Experience with visual scripting tools (e.g., Unreal Blueprints)
- Experience tuning data values in editor tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Level design experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.