Red Storm Entertainment is on the hunt for another highly talented and creative individual to join our amazing crew! We are looking for a candidate who can lead by example, embracing hard work and combining clear communication with a winning attitude. If you are eager to solve interesting problems while working with a great group of people, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Responsible for lighting game environments and cinematics in AAA titles with the highest level of quality.
- Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere.
- Work closely with Art Director/Lead Artist and team leads to help define and execute the lighting direction for the project.
- Assist technical directors and graphics engineers in designing, implementing and maintaining lighting pipelines.
- Integrate with environment teams as needed to light their spaces according to production schedules.
- Collaborate with lighting artists at partner studios to maintain consistent process and visual quality.
- Anticipate and identify production challenges to leads and technical directors.
- Research new lighting tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
- Work with tech artists to closely manage lighting to fit memory, design and frame rate limits.
- 2 years of experience in AAA game development or credit on at least one AAA title as lighting artist.
- Understanding of game lighting fundamentals required, experience with physically-based rendering pipelines preferred.
- Experience lighting photo-realistic environments and characters with an understanding of gameplay implications.
- Knowledge of color theory, cinematography, and a strong sense of light and shadow.
- Understanding of node based workflows.
- Understanding of composition and the ability to enhance mood by lighting.
- Working knowledge of industry standard rendering concepts and post-processing effects.
- Ability to follow concept/reference and ability to work with wide range of styles with minimal concept and direction.
- Familiarity with complex shader networks and techniques required, working knowledge of shader languages (i.e. GgFX, HLSL, or Cg) preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.