As an integral part of the studio leadership team, this role will identify, develop and deploy business-driven HR strategies designed to attract, manage, develop, motivate and retain key people while creating a high-performance, sustainable organization capable of achieving the business objectives and action plans.
This HR professional is accountable for the oversight and management of all elements of operational HR including performance management, coaching and conflict resolution, compensation and benefits, positive employee relations, recruitment and retention, policy development and management and employee training.
This position reports to the Studio Managing Director, while also supporting the Vice Presidents of Production and Finance & Operations. Direct reports for this position are the HR Generalist and the Studio Office Assistant.
- Plans, directs and manages the employee appraisal process. Assisting managers/leads in the data gathering and when appropriate actively participate in yearly evaluation of employee performance.
- Counsels employees and coaches supervisors as necessary to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Coordinates the recruitment, selection and promotion process of candidates to fill all vacancies. Drives a mindset and focus on talent management and acquisition across the studio.
- Collaborates with Ubisoft Corporate HR on a variety of cross-studio tasks under the validation of the Managing Director.
- Occasionally travel to internal/external events and represent the studio.
- Conducts, analyzes and reports on exit interviews; recommending changes to Management for ongoing Studio improvement
- Presents regular updates on “monthly” tracked data on a variety of internal/external issues.
- Develops and manages the HR Departmental budget.
- Assists employees in career growth through on-going training programs/opportunities aimed at fulfilling career objectives and studio direction.
- Oversight of the company’s compensation plans.
- Oversight of the company’s benefits plans.
- Ensure legal compliance of business activities by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the studio’s and employee’s best interests.
- Reviews, plans, implements, maintains and enforces policies and procedures to support Studio efforts.
- Works closely with HR Generalist, Office Assistant, Producers and RSE Management to support departmental initiatives to increase individual and organizational performance and achieve business results.
- Assists and oversees special projects, including company programs, initiatives, events and award programs.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, and deals effectively with all levels of employees and management. Drives employee communication efforts to ensure positive effects on employee engagement, and enhance communication within the workplace.
- Initiates, collaborates and/or completes additional HR projects as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of HR experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years game/entertainment/creative industry experience.
- Experience with Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Compensation and Wage Structure support
- Comfortable working in a small team HR environment as well as working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage a fluctuating workload.
- Ability to defuse tense situations so that the key people can review and resolve.
- Skilled in MS Office Suite and the ability to learn additional internal systems such as the HRIS and Applicant Tracking System.
- PHR certification a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.