Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a Environment Concept Artist to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong concept art abilities, that specializes in environmental pieces this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
- Experience with Photoshop, Painter, or the equivalent for digital concept creation.
- Ability to quickly iterate on concepts with input from the Art Director.
- Ability to receive and give good constructive criticism.
- A strong understanding of mood, lighting, form, shape, and silhouette in regards to composition.
- An exceptional eye for light, value, color, staging and detail in environmental design.
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to a finished piece, and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game content.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts; including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration.
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player.
- Mindset to share knowledge and build-up your peers – raising the bar for everyone around you.
- Experience in AAA game development with credit on at least one AAA title as concept artist, or equivalent experience.
- Degree in game design or fine arts, and/or portfolio at industry standard level of art.
- Strong understanding of character proportion and costume design highly desireable.
- 3D software knowledge is a plus.
- Technically advanced and can learn to navigate and use the game engine.
- A passion for games.
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on…
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows…
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away…
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play…
- Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay…
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
- Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
- Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
- Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
- Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
- Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.