Red Storm Entertainment is looking for an innovative and dedicated game designer to join a world-class team creating AAA VR for a world-renowned brand. This position will challenge you to create best-in-class features in the emerging VR space, alongside a multi-disciplinary team. Job responsibilities include designing core mechanics and game systems, providing clear design goals and targets for team members, and assisting in feature iteration and implementation. If you’re not afraid to blaze new trails and solve hard problems, and you can do both with a smile on your face, this might be the right job for you!
- Design and Document – Work with directors and product owners to develop fleshed out feature designs and roadmaps for implementation.
- Assist in driving feature development – Constantly review the progress of the game and adjust the implementation of assigned features to match the vision.
- Assist in implementation – Utilize the tools provided by the project team to implement gameplay as envisioned.
- Assist design group –Provide feedback to other designers on ideas, features, gameplay, and design documents and contribute actively to brainstorming sessions.
- Communicate Game Vision – Be prepared to provide a concise and complete presentation on the core vision of the game or assigned areas of the game to any audience.
- Regular Playtesting – Remain knowledgeable of the entire game throughout production to ensure productive playtesting sessions and to provide actionable feedback.
- Competitive Analysis – Periodically play and complete analysis of relevant competitor’s games and features.
- Be self-driven – Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years of design experience
- Credit on one or more published titles
- Extensive knowledge of games in many genres across all platforms
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills—able to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Willingness to respond to and adapt to constructive criticism
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Deep passion for games as a craft
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- VR development experience preferred
- Experience with scripting language such as C# or Lua preferred
- Experience tuning data values in editor tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.