Why Red Storm? Cutting-edge games. Inspiring people. Amazing benefits. Apply today!
Red Storm Entertainment offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees:
• Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
• Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan with match
• 3 Weeks of Vacation and 3 Weeks of Sick Leave
• 9 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
• Flexible work schedule
About the Area
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently regarded as one of the best places to live, work, & play. If there is a Best Of list, our area is likely in the top 10. We have highly rated public school systems and three major universities. There are beaches to the East, mountains to the West and endless green spaces in between. We even have a trail behind our studio!
The Build/ Release Engineer assists the Dev Ops team in promoting the efficient management of digital assets to ensure their integrity for our games in development. Under the supervision of the project’s lead programmer and producer, the Build-Release Engineer manages build processes; file storage and software configuration tools. He/she creates and maintains tools/scripts/applications that automate process and improve development team efficiency.
- Establish and maintain a robust and reliable automated build and continuous integration process for the management of digital assets
- Manage the build release process and secure data for staged milestone access
- Monitor build systems and server farm; maintaining 24/7 support while providing resolution of issues
- Assist team members in build deployment – receiving and running builds and troubleshooting issues to improve efficiency
- Create, maintain and follow up on file storage rules
- Manage software configuration tools
- Develop and maintain documentation of the build/release process
- Establish script files to automate process and improve efficiency in build management
- Manage file storage, and transfer and create file archives for reuse by other projects
- Review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process
- Research, development and automation of console tools and processes
- Assist with database (JIRA, Perforce and project databases) management and facilitate development team with training on applicable databases
- Perform regular cooperative work with multisite/offsite partners, including implementation of shared systems (more…)
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a versatile Character TD to join our biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have a blend of strong technical skills in rigging/programming, as well as a good artistic sense this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the Character TDs are challenged to not only create incredible rigs but to ensure optimal performance and look in game engines.
- Create high quality rigs, systems, control interfaces, tools and workflows
- Write and maintain scripts using Python to support animation of characters, weapons and other art areas as needed
- Produce the tools and establish the pipeline for rigging characters and getting key frame animations or motion capture data to create high quality simple to complex biped and quadruped animation sets.
- Work effectively with Animators, Character and Weapons artists as well as other TDs so that they are aware of concerns and issues dealing with animation production.
- Collaborate with our development partner studios across the world in the development of asset pipelines and tools
- Proactively produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Insure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over animations tools and pipeline throughout the projects development including fixing bugs, assigned by project leads.
- Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the product.
- Document pipeline and tools development processes Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Provide team/company support – Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, game-play, and process.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs
- Experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and / or character pipelines
- Able to own the skinning process for a variety of creatures, characters, garments, and gear
- Extensive knowledge of Python and DCC tools APIs
- Good understanding of real time animation systems and game console constraints.
- Experience using motion capture systems
- Knowledge of Motion Builder
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- Candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a Sr. Gameplay Engineer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong gameplay programming abilities, and an extensive knowledge of online multiplayer gaming systems this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for UI Engineer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong programming skills that center around user interface functionality, as well as a passion for assisting artists and designers in achieving their vision this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the engineers are challenged to not only develop code, but to ensure optimal performance and functionality within the game’s engine.
- Develop, test and debug UI code on consoles, PC and mobile platforms
- Quickly prototype and iterate UI features to communicate functionality and design intentions
- Help to identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
- Develop with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
- Be self-directed and be able to prioritize your workload efficiently
- Diligently create quality work in a fast paced, team-based, highly iterative environment
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental team members to solve UI challenges
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a player-centric Game Systems Engineer to work on our next AAA title. You will work closely with designers, artist and other programmers to make the game vision a reality. If you are passionate about games and game development, have the ability to iterate and refine your work rapidly, and actively participate in bringing various game features to life this may be the job for you!
- Develop and implement gameplay systems in a multiplayer environment.
- Implement game features and integrate engine features as needed to support desired gameplay
- Provide hooks between low-level technology and game-level systems
- Design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential impact of code changes
- Suggest solutions to maximize features and fulfil design desires
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers.
- Test, debug and document code
- Mentor junior engineers
Do you have what it takes to join Ubisoft’s award-winning audio team at Red Storm Entertainment? Red Storm is seeking a talented and highly motivated Audio Programmer to help drive our next AAA success.
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking an Online Services Engineer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong programming skills and an extensive knowledge of online multiplayer systems this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
Primary responsibility will be programming a variety of game related features for AAA multiplayer online games encompassing elements such as: matchmaking, online persistence, community features and social media integration, data and statistics, anti-cheat, infrastructure design/implementation, live operations management, and optimizations.