Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a talented UI Tech Artist to join one of Ubisoft’s biggest IPs, Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have a blend of strong technical skills, as well as UI artistic sense this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the UI tech Artists are challenged to not only create incredible art but to ensure optimal performance and look in game engines. The right candidate will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. He or she will work closely with the Team to bring the UI to life, pushing to achieve the highest quality possible within the specifications.
- Create and implement engaging user interfaces for video games on gaming consoles and PC
- Quickly conceptualize, prototype and implement functionality and design intentions
- Build and implement node based UI, keeping in mind design and overall art treatments/ screen-to-screen UI placement, maintaining consistency through the entire project’s interface
- Work directly with engineering to solve interface technical and implementation issues
- Create compelling visual treatments that are easy to understand, simple to navigate, and convey information for an ideal end-user experience
- Adapt to varying art styles and direction; able to take critique constructively
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
- Develop designs with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental (design, engineering, test) team members to solve UI challenges
- 3+ years as a technical UI artist with a strong technical background
- Experience creating and implementing UI art assets for PC or console games
- Expert in 2D image applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash) required
- Experience with motion graphics (After Effects, Flash, Scaleform)
- Experience using C# and Maxscript
- Keen understanding of game workflows and pipelines with a successful background in innovative and intuitive user interface creation
- Must be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule
- Strong artistic, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent sense of design
- Robust interpersonal skills and ability to interact with team members of different disciplines on a global level
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
- Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
- Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
- Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
- Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
- Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.