Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a Texture / Material Artist with expert knowledge of Substance Designer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong texture art abilities, and an extensive knowledge of online multiplayer gaming systems this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
- Produce benchmark materials using Substance Designer
- Oversee and develop material library
- Create high quality textures/materials
- Assist in designing, implementing and maintaining material pipelines.
- Collaborate with environment artists at partner studios to maintain consistent process and visual quality.
- Anticipate and identify production challenges to leads and Technical Directors.
- Research new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
- Work with technical artist to develop advanced shader and material sets
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in AAA game development or credit on at least one AAA title as material artist.
- Expert skills in Substance Designer / Painter
- Strong modeling skills in 3DS Max or Maya
- Familiarity with node based game engines
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions
- Ability to follow concept/reference and ability to work with wide range of styles with minimal concept and direction.
- Must be proactive and work well in a large team environment.
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills.
- Able to manage and organize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself.
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on.
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows.
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away.
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play.
- Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay.
About the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
- Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
- Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
- Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
- Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
- Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.