Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a Sr. Gameplay Engineer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong gameplay programming abilities, and an extensive knowledge of online multiplayer gaming systems this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
- Work with game designers and creative directors to develop and implement their vision of gameplay features in a multiplayer environment.
- Implement game features using a player-centric focus to ensure the best possible quality for the consumer.
- Break-down design goals into smaller technical tasks
- Provide well-formed feedback on gameplay and offer suggestions for improvement
- Design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential impact of code changes
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers.
- Test and document code
- Mentor junior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area
- Minimum of 5 years game industry experience with 2 shipped titles
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++
- Perforce and Jira experience preferred
- Basic 3D Math
- Console programming experience (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox ONE, or PS4)
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, or physics
- Capable of working with and creating game scripting systems
- Practice developing in a Scrum or Agile development environment
- Strong understanding of the coding process, standards and methodologies
- Adept at working with game designers and artists to implement gameplay features
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, and rapid deployment of effective solutions
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work
- Must be an effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games
- Must be fluent in English; bi-lingual (French) a bonus
- National and/or international travel may be required
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on…
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows…
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away…
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play…
- Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay…
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
- Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
- Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
- Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
- Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
- Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.
The Recruiting Process
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works once you have submitted your resume. Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive confirmation that your resume was received.
- If we feel you are a good fit, a phone interview will be scheduled along with a skills test.
- The next step will be reference checks and an invite to meet us in person.
- After the onsite interview, we will make a decision on an offer.
- If we decide not to move forward at any step in the process, we will let you know and provide feedback.
Please submit your resume in English. If you are an Artist or Level Design candidate please submit a portfolio, we will not consider you without one. Thanks for your interest in Red Storm Entertainment.