Red Storm Entertainment is seeking an Online Services Engineer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong programming skills and an extensive knowledge of online multiplayer systems this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
Primary responsibility will be programming a variety of game related features for AAA multiplayer online games encompassing elements such as: matchmaking, online persistence, community features and social media integration, data and statistics, anti-cheat, infrastructure design/implementation, live operations management, and optimizations.
- S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years Online /Multiplayer Programmer experience on a high profile title or titles for consoles and/or PC.
- Must have shipped at least 1 multiplayer console title, AAA a plus.
- Strong C/C++ software engineering skills. Lua, Ruby, Python, SQL, Java or C# a plus
- Implementation experience and strong knowledge of modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns, service development and object-oriented design.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: Xbox/Windows Live, Sony Playstation Network, Nintendo WiFi Connection, or Steam.
- Experience implementing networked gameplay and dealing with bandwidth and latency issues
- Experience with the implementation and requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models
- A strong understanding of online games, including low-level networking, back-end, and internet connection issues and solutions
- Cloud development or large scale data store experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for multiplayer and online gaming
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on…
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows…
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away…
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play…
- Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay…
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
- Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
- Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
- Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
- Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
- Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.
The Recruiting Process
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works once you have submitted your resume. Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive confirmation that your resume was received.
- If we feel you are a good fit, a phone interview will be scheduled along with a skills test.
- The next step will be reference checks and an invite to meet us in person.
- After the onsite interview, we will make a decision on an offer.
- If we decide not to move forward at any step in the process, we will let you know and provide feedback.
Please submit your resume in English. If you are an Artist or Level Design candidate please submit a portfolio, we will not consider you without one. Thanks for your interest in Red Storm Entertainment.