You are passionate about games and the craft of level design. You take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems. You are experienced working within a multidisciplinary team and understand the importance of collaboration in order to achieve top-notch quality on your work. You have high standards in everything you do and are devoted to creating great gameplay experience and memorable game worlds. You put the player first.
- Create immersive gameplay scenarios that support and enhance the core mechanics and creative vision of the game
- Guide a multidisciplinary pod to take your levels from concept to final polish
- Ensure a memorable game where form follows function through close collaboration with Level Art, Narrative and other disciplines.
- Collaborate with Game Designers to define and tweak game mechanics.
- As the project progresses, integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc)
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
- Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleague’s work
- Support the Lead Level Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- Passion for open world level design
- Minimum of 2-3 years game development experience and significant contribution to a AAA title that shipped
- Ability to quickly learn content pipeline and toolset and become a subject matter expert.
- Experience with various engines (Unity, UnReal, QERadiant, Source Engine), design production tools and level editing pipelines
- Multiplayer game design sensibilities
- Design pipeline/asset optimization skills
- Ability to adapt to changing workflows and tools
- Positive CAN-DO attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives
- Passion, enthusiasm and experience with first and third person shooters
- Experience conducting playtests autonomously
- Experience building and iterating upon a MP level for FPS/TPS
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.