Red Storm Entertainment is seeking Gameplay Programmers to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong gameplay programming abilities, and an extensive knowledge of online multiplayer gaming systems this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
- Writes programs in a variety of computer languages using tools such as Microsoft visual studio, Perforce, C++, PS4 Development Kit
- Update and expand existing programs
- Evaluates engine or middleware strengths and weaknesses
- Modifies existing code to improve design, structure and clarity
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems fulfill the intentions of the project and are coherent with the existing code
- Ensure that the implementation of the controls and game systems provide the player with the experience that the designer and creative director had envisioned
- Debugs and corrects the gameplay bugs identified by the production and quality control items.
- User performance analysis tools to determine areas that need optimization
- Performs code reviews for peers (detects errors, programming flaws)
- Build and use computer-assisted software engineering tools.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field, plus 1 year of programming/development experience, which must include experience in the video game industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area, plus 5 years progressive experience in programming/development, which must include experience in the video game industry.
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on…
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows…
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away…
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play…
- Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay…
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
- Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
- Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
- Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
- Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
- Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.
The Recruiting Process
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works once you have submitted your resume. Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive confirmation that your resume was received.
- If we feel you are a good fit, a phone interview will be scheduled along with a skills test.
- The next step will be reference checks and an invite to meet us in person.
- After the onsite interview, we will make a decision on an offer.
- If we decide not to move forward at any step in the process, we will let you know and provide feedback.
Please submit your resume in English. If you are an Artist or Level Design candidate please submit a portfolio, we will not consider you without one. Thanks for your interest in Red Storm Entertainment.