Do you have what it takes to join Ubisoft’s award-winning audio team at Red Storm Entertainment? Red Storm is seeking a talented and highly motivated Audio Programmer to help drive our next AAA success.
Create and maintain the audio systems and technology to support AAA quality audio components of RSE games. Work closely with the Audio Director, Sound Designers, Leads and other Engineers to facilitate the realization of our game audio experience.
- Design, implement and debug audio systems for AAA games
- Create and maintain complex audio systems for playback and implementation
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with creative production staff
- Optimize audio content creation pipelines for ease of use, and to maximize throughput
- Develop audio features to support game development including storytelling, strong characters and physical worlds
- Implement and maintain tools or systems that allow designers to realize the vision of the products
- Creatively problem solve, propose value added ideas and solutions to provide customers with quality services
- Document and support audio feature creation, enhancement and usability for all platforms
- Participate in playtests, debugging and audio feature documentation
- Game development experience on PC and Next Gen Consoles.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ Years of professional experience
- Understanding of Next Gen audio pipelines and optimizations
- Experience with third party audio middleware such as Wwise/FMOD etc.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and produce timely project results
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have a keen understanding of game audio systems and a passion to improve the quality of the end user experience
- Deep knowledge of audio fundamental (filtering, reverb, compression schemes, etc.)
- Experience with sound design, including digital signal processing (DSP) and data compression techniques.
- Strong math and C++/C# object oriented software design skills
- A passion for making top quality gaming experiences
- A positive, “can do”, service oriented attitude
- Experience creating complex voice over playback systems
- Experience working on networking multiplayer / Player vs. Player titles
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on…
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows…
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away…
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play…
- Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay…
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
- Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
- Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
- Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
- Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
- Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.
The Recruiting Process
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works once you have submitted your resume. Here is what you can expect from us:
• You will receive confirmation that your resume was received.
• If we feel you are a good fit, a phone interview will be scheduled along with a skills test.
• The next step will be reference checks and an invite to meet us in person.
• After the onsite interview, we will make a decision on an offer.
• If we decide not to move forward at any step in the process, we will let you know and provide feedback.
Please submit your resume in English. If you are an Artist or Level Design candidate please submit a portfolio, we will not consider you without one. Thanks for your interest in Red Storm Entertainment.