Build-Release Engineers are part of the DevOps team assisting the local studio as well as co-development studios around the globe in the development of AAA game titles. You will write and maintain build process scripts that help automate processes to increase productivity and reduce manual errors. In addition you will act as technical support for various aspects of game development including source control, build automation, and network infrastructure.
- Write and maintain Python build automation scripts that manage digital assets.
- Help in the production of release milestones.
- Monitor and respond to system health incidents of the build farm.
- Write and maintain documentation of aspects of the build process.
- Manage server infrastructure and provide end-user support for tools such as Perforce, JIRA, and other project databases.
- Some after-hours work and/or remote support will be required.
- Experience writing automation scripts in Python.
- Experience with build automation tools (Jenkins is preferred).
- Experience with source control systems (Perforce is preferred).
Applicant Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineer, computer science, or related technical discipline.
- Experience in web development with a database backend (Django and MySQL preferred).
- Ability to troubleshoot system and software defects and deploy effective solutions to mitigate future risk.
- Some experience administering Linux systems.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks by various metrics.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- A passion and enthusiasm for video games.
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself.
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on.
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows.
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away.
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play.
- Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay.
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
- Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
- Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
- Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
- Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
- Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.