A new Title Update is now available for Ghost Recon Future Soldier. The update is currently available worldwide on Xbox 360 and will be available for the PlayStation 3 on September 4th. When launching GRFS, you will be prompted to download and install the update.
Changes, except where explicitly stated, are for both platforms.
- Fixed several issues which would cause the game to stop responding.
- Permanent fix for Arctic Strike “Trial Expired” issue on PS3.
- Fixed an issue with Rich Presence not always displaying correctly for players on DLC maps.
- Fixed an issue with PS3 voice chat cutting out.
- Fixed an occasional issue with loading the Uplay Browser on PS3
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several UI display issues with long usernames
- Removed the Respect Token requirement
- Players are no longer required to have or consume respect tokens to reset their gear.
- To clarify functionality, the UI now says “Reset Gear”.
- Improved Cloud Update download and messaging.
- Players will automatically attempt to re-download the Cloud Update if it fails.
- Players who fail the update 3 times will receive a warning popup/alert.
- Bonuses are now awarded to both teams for the completion rounds and matches.
- Players who are forcibly disconnected from a match (eg. Host Migration Failed) will still be awarded their accumulated XP.
- Players who leave a game via network manipulation or voluntarily quitting a match will notbe awarded accumulated XP.
- Players will be able to switch teams in Private/LAN matches up to a maximum of 8 players on a team.
- The limit per match is still 12 players.
- This change facilitates faction switching and allows for asymmetrical play.
- Decreased the frequency of party splits.
- Players in parties of 6 should no longer be split within the lobby.
- Note: It is still possible for parties to be split when joining a match in progress.
- Dynamically changing the minimum number of players required to start a match.
- eg. A party of 6 will need a minimum match size of 11 to begin (instead of 8)
- Factions will now be swapped automatically after every Quickmatch
- Improved the peer host selection process.
- Improved diagnostic tools and messaging.
- Changed the behavior of the default battle type
- Players who have selected a battle type will default to their last selected battle type.
- Players who have no selected a battle type will default to the most recent DLC (Battle – Arctic Strike).
- The selection will persist across sessions.
- Fixed an issue causing a player’s weapon selection to sometimes revert to default.
- Removed the Cover Reticle.
- Fixed an issue with the end of round display in the Siege gametype.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the maps in Quickmatch voting to disappear.
- Minor Improvements to the replay camera (“Killcam”)
- Fixed an occasional issue with point awarded from the final objective in Conflict.
- Fixed several adversarial exploits.
- Fixed several other minor gameplay issues.
- Fixed an issue in the Office Guerrilla map that could prevent enemies from spawning;
- Fixed an issue in the Arctic Base Guerrilla map that was causing reduced FPS;
- Fixed an issue in the Firefly Rain campaign mission where a weapon was not presented correctly.
- Fixed several other minor campaign issues.
To verify that the title update is installed on your console: In the Extras menu, in the bottom right corner, you can check the version number. It should read 1.5.6