Star Trek: Bridge Crew puts you and your friends into the heart of a new starship, the U.S.S. Aegis, where every action and decision you make together will determine the fate of your ship and crew.
Developed exclusively for virtual reality and capitalizes on the powerful sense of social presence only possible through VR. Through hand tracking and full body avatars including real time lip sync, players can genuinely experience what it’s like to serve as an officer on the bridge of a Federation starship, putting them directly into the station to perform its required duties.
As a co-op team, players will form a crew of up to four to operate the roles of Captain, Helm, Tactical or Engineer. Each role is crucial to the success of the varied missions players face, and only by working together can the crew complete their objectives. Also playable in solo, players will assume the role of Captain and dispatch orders to their NPC crew mates. The Captain’s strategic decisions will be vital in order to successfully complete missions.
“We’re always looking for new and compelling ways for fans to experience the Star Trek universe. In fact this is the Star Trek game we’ve always wanted to make, but up until now the technology to do it didn’t exist,” said John Van Citters, Vice President of Product Development at CBS. “Working alongside Red Storm Entertainment, we’ve been able to bring to life a new ship, the U.S.S. Aegis, for fans to control as they take their turn in the Captain’s chair and continue to carry-on the Federation’s mission- to continuing exploring space, the final frontier.”
For more information on Star Trek: Bridge Crew visit: http://blog.ubi.com/star-trek-bridge-crew-going-boldly-vr/
Why Red Storm? Cutting-edge games. Inspiring people. Amazing benefits. Apply today!
Red Storm Entertainment offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees:
• Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
• Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan with match
• 3 Weeks of Vacation and 3 Weeks of Sick Leave
• 9 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
• Flexible work schedule
About the Area
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently regarded as one of the best places to live, work, & play. If there is a Best Of list, our area is likely in the top 10. We have highly rated public school systems and three major universities. There are beaches to the East, mountains to the West and endless green spaces in between. We even have a trail behind our studio!
From the beginning, Red Storm Entertainment has committed itself to providing the highest degree of authenticity and player self-expression. Our latest project is no exception. In partnership with top-tier manufacturers, subject matter experts, and experienced operators, we’re proud to announce our latest feature in Werewolves Within: Pitchforksmith!
Building on the overwhelming success of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s Kinect-enabled Gunsmith feature, Pitchforksmith continues the tradition of groundbreaking innovation with peerless customization. Never before has mob justice been so personal.
Choose from a vast array of authentic werewolf investigation implements to establish your own playstyle:
- Stabilize your jabs with scythe-grip attachments
- Enhance range and target acquisition with Scrye attachments, like the mil-spec “Moon Vision” Crystal Power Aura Spotting Optical Viewfinder
- Full support of the tactical Twine Attachment System (TAS)
- Increase survivability with underhaft attachments, like the T.O.R.C.H. illumination system
- Double lethality with optional Double Stabby components, such as the time-tested Bayonet
- Authentic Mob Mart™ Fear-sweat Resistant Grip Wrap
- And much more!
This is your pitchfork; there are many like it, but this one yours.
Werewolves Within, is a game of social deduction that brings the fun of game night with friends to virtual reality. One of the first multiplayer VR games created, Werewolves Within captures the essence and competitive spirit of playing live around a table with friends, and channels that into a social VR experience. Werewolves Within will be available on major VR platforms in Fall 2016.
Werewolves Within transports players to the medieval village of Gallowston, where they must uncover the werewolves that have been terrorizing the townsfolk. Designed as an online multiplayer experience for five to eight people, players assume randomly assigned roles at the beginning of each game, some of which grant special abilities that will help players deduce who is a werewolf in disguise. To keep the experience dynamic, games are quick, with roles changing each time. One round you could be a villager, pleading your case for innocence, and the next round you could be a werewolf, lying your way to a win.
“VR is proving to be an amazing platform for social interaction, moving toward truly feeling like you are there with other people,” said David Votypka, Sr. Creative Director at Red Storm Entertainment. “Werewolves Within gives players a taste of how VR can generate strong social connections, allowing you to get together to have a great time with others no matter how near or far they are.”
Watch the trailer below to learn how to play and see game footage!
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a versatile Character TD to join our biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have a blend of strong technical skills in rigging/programming, as well as a good artistic sense this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the Character TDs are challenged to not only create incredible rigs but to ensure optimal performance and look in game engines.
- Create high quality rigs, systems, control interfaces, tools and workflows
- Write and maintain scripts using Python to support animation of characters, weapons and other art areas as needed
- Produce the tools and establish the pipeline for rigging characters and getting key frame animations or motion capture data to create high quality simple to complex biped and quadruped animation sets.
- Work effectively with Animators, Character and Weapons artists as well as other TDs so that they are aware of concerns and issues dealing with animation production.
- Collaborate with our development partner studios across the world in the development of asset pipelines and tools
- Proactively produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Insure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over animations tools and pipeline throughout the projects development including fixing bugs, assigned by project leads.
- Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the product.
- Document pipeline and tools development processes Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Provide team/company support – Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, game-play, and process.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs
- Experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and / or character pipelines
- Able to own the skinning process for a variety of creatures, characters, garments, and gear
- Extensive knowledge of Python and DCC tools APIs
- Good understanding of real time animation systems and game console constraints.
- Experience using motion capture systems
- Knowledge of Motion Builder
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- Candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a Sr. Gameplay Engineer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division! If you have strong gameplay programming abilities, and an extensive knowledge of online multiplayer gaming systems this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
Ubisoft Charity Jam is next week starting Sept. 21st! Our charity is Extra Life locally benefiting Duke Children’s Hospital & Health Center! Be sure to check out our live stream on Thursday at 4pm EST!
Go to charityjam.ubisoft.com for the full live stream schedule and how to donate.
In this new “Beyond the Studio” we take a look at some of the tattoos that can be found around the studio and follow Game Designer Rob Newns get his new tattoo from Dogstar Tattoo
We are so excited to announce today that we are developing Flutesmith 2016! Here’s a sneak peek into the that development of note tracking and performance capture.